Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but the magazine the recipe is from (a German magazine called "essen & trinken") will soon be in the hands of my Canadian cooking magazine swap partner. I think this ketchup will be nice with chicken and in sandwiches. I hope you are able to understand my translation from German into English...
- 500 g raspberries
- 40 g fresh ginger
- 2 -3 chili peppers, deseeded
- 60 g brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 100 ml ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Puree the raspberries and strain.
- Peel ginger.
- Chop ginger and chillis into very small pieces.
- Melt sugar in a pan.
- Add chopped ginger and chillis.
- Add vinegar.
- Add tomato purée and ketchup.
- Add raspberries and cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add honey and season with salt and pepper.
- Store in the fridge.