Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a "makeover" recipe - making it healthier than a traditional recipe - so please pay attention to the ingredient list and use fat-free/light ingredients as listed. DO NOT use all fat-free ingredients, for it would compromise texture and taste. Use the light/fat-free ingredients as listed. HINT: Canned peach nectar is available in usually found in the international aisle at the grocery store, often near the Latin American foods, and in the juice section.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package plain gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container light cream cheese
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ready-made low-fat graham cracker crust
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 10 ounces fresh raspberries, rinsed and patted dry (about 2 cups)
- TO MAKE THE PIE: In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the milk and set aside for 1 minute, or until softened. Cook stirring, over medium-low heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Do not boil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on low speed, beat together the cream cheese ricotta, sugat, and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in the milk mixture. Pour into the crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- TO MAKE THE TOPPING:.
- In another small saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch, stirring to remove any lumps. Gradually stir in the nectar. Cook, stirring, over medium-high heat, for 2 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove from the heat and set aside for 10 minutes, or until cooled.
- Arrange the raspberries, points up, over the top of the pie. Drizzle with the peach glaze evenly around the raspberries. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or until set.