Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Raspberry Jelly Roll Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- Make custard: stir powder and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until blended.
- Gradually whisk in milk, sherry and rum. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir constantly until custard thickly coats a spoon, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Press piece of plastic wrap on surface to prevent a skin from forming and chill until cooled.
- Cut jelly roll into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place over sides and bottom of a slightly rounded glass bowl that will hold 3 L.
- Cover cake with half of custard then layer of whipped cream.
- Add some raspberries, then another layer of cake; cover with remaining custard.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, spoon whipped cream over trifle and drizzle with raspberry sauce.
- Decorate with raspberries.