My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make custard: stir powder and sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepan until blended.
- 2Gradually whisk in milk, sherry and rum. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Stir constantly until custard thickly coats a spoon, about 2 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- 5Press piece of plastic wrap on surface to prevent a skin from forming and chill until cooled.
- 6Cut jelly roll into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- 7Place over sides and bottom of a slightly rounded glass bowl that will hold 3 L.
- 8Cover cake with half of custard then layer of whipped cream.
- 9Add some raspberries, then another layer of cake; cover with remaining custard.
- 10Refrigerate, covered, for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 11Before serving, spoon whipped cream over trifle and drizzle with raspberry sauce.
- 12Decorate with raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Jelly Roll Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.4
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 102.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mini jelly rolls