Recipe by poohstixx
This is a very yummy dessert with the perfect balance of sweet, tart and salty!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Absolutely love making Jell-O desserts, & ones like this are really nice, especially in combination with the salty pretzels & the cream cheese! And although I probably could have eaten most of it myself, I managed, somehow, to share almost half of it with a neighbor couple! Definitely on my to-make-again list! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries
- 2 cups approx of crushed pretzels (I fill one gallon ziploc bag 1/2 full and roll over it with a rolling pin)
- 1 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the Jell-O in the boiling water and stir in the frozen raspberries. Chill this mixture in the refridgerator until cool and starting to firm up.
- Mix the crushed pretzels with the butter and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press the pretzel mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees Ferenheit for 10 minutes. Cool.
- Blend the cream cheese, cup of sugar and Cool Whip with a hand mixer. Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the cooled pretzel crust.
- Spead the firming jello mixture on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Refridgerate to settle firming and serve chilled.