Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My mom would make this often in the summer. The tart/sweet berries are delicious with the chocolate, and the whipped cream is a must!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 cups raspberries
- 1 Oreo cookie pie crust
- Heat water in a med. saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in sugar, jello and cornstarch.
- Simmer and stir until thick.
- Arrange berries in even layer over crust.
- Pour jello mixture over top.
- Chill several hours until firm.
- Serve with whipped cream.
This is a nice and easy pie recipe that you're able to make in advance. The whipped cream is a must. Without it, I think the pie would be a little bit too tart. I really appreciated the ease of prep. Thanks!
Very Yummy! We all enjoyed this very much...even me, and I do not like Jell-O. I love the simplicity of this recipe and how well the pie holds together when sliced, it makes it a perfect desert to take to a potluck or picnic. As mentioned in the AUS/NZ Swap, I will definitely be making this again real soon :o)
Thank you Lawsome for a great dessert recipe! Easy to prepare and delicious to eat! I did not have enough fresh raspberries so I added 1 large ripe peach (cut into slices) and some blueberries. Yummy!! 9/14/07 - I now have a digital camera and this is my first Zaar recipe photo!!! Hope you like it Lawsome, we love this recipe! Raspberries and chocolate are two of my favourite things!