Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of the first pies I ever learned to make, it is so quick and easy. A long time family favourite.
- 1 deep dish pie shell, baked
- 1 cup raspberry juice
- 3 ounces jello wild raspberry gelatin powder (1 pkge)
- 10 ounces raspberries (1 pkge)
- 10 ounces blackberries (1 pkge)
- 2 cups whipped cream, garnish (optional)
- 1⁄8 cup coconut, toasted, garnish (optional)
- 8 fresh raspberries, garnish (optional)
- 8 fresh blackberries, garnish (optional)
- 1 fresh mint sprig, garnish (optional)
- Heat the raspberry juice to boiling and pour over gelatin, stirring until all dissolved.
- Next add in the frozen raspberries and blackberries.
- Place the gelatin and fruit in the refrigerator until partially set, then pour the mixture into the baked pie crust and refrigerate until fully set.
- When ready to serve, garnish with whipped cream, toasted coconut, raspberries, blackberries and mint.
Other than the crust -- and I could have used a frozen one -- this is remarkably simple to make. We used frozen raspberries and Marionberries and a crust made from Anme's Anme's Apple Crumb Pie. I can picture this filling scooped over vanilla ice cream. Not sophisticated, but certainly delicious!
This was good. I had to make a few substitions, but it was good none the less. I used froxen mixed berries and cran rasberry juice. The flavor was nice and tart, not over poweringly sweet. Thanks for a great recipe.