Recipe by House
Anything raspberry is always good for me. Found this in the Penzeys Holiday 2006 catalogue.
Top Review by MTpockets
This was very good. I love raspberries and I like that this was a lighter alternative for dessert. I used extra creamy cool whip just because I wanted it to be a little creamier. I was a little confused by the "raspberry sauce" ingredient and wasn't sure what kind of sauce I was supposed to use so I just made my own. I used recipe#195933 which worked perfectly. A nice way to get the kids to eat more fruit too! Thank's!
- 1 (6 ounce) box raspberry gelatin powder
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or 10 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Completely dissolve the raspberry gelatin in the boiling water.
- Add cold water.
- Stir in the raspberry sauce.
- Cool until thickened but not firm.
- Whip the gelatin until frothy and lighter in color.
- Fold the whipped topping into the whipped gelatin until there are no white streaks.
- Gently fold the raspberries into the mixture.
- Use a few berries for decoration.
- Refrigerate until firm, about three hours.