Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Raspberry squares w/ coconut and nuts...Mmmmmm.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 12 ounces raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed batter.
- Add in the coconut and nuts. (Batter will be very thick.)
- Put about 2/3 of batter in the prepared pan. Spread jam over and spoon drop remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
Very nice squares. The crust was a little more 'cakey' than I would have liked in a square, but very flavourful with the addition of the nuts and coconut.