Once I hit on the right ingredients for a muffin recipe utilizing jam, as fresh fruit is getting ever more expensive in my area, these are now a keeper. Any jam or preserve will work. They freeze fine, so can be made in big batches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup margarine, melted (Imperial is better for baking)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Mix melted margarine, sugar, brown sugar, milk, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 3Place muffincups in a twelve cup muffin tin.
- 4Fill each muffin cup half-way.
- 5Place a half tablespoon of jam in the center each.
- 6Add remaining batter to fill each cup nearly full.
- 7Using a toothpick or something thin, like a bamboo skewer, swirl the jam into the batter a bit, but not too much.
- 8Bake for 15 minutes and start checking for doneness.
- 9Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- 10When muffins come out of the oven, sprinkle sugar mix on top of each one. The jam will still be wet enough to hold the sugar.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Jam Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.3
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 337.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 28.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g