Recipe by thepetnanny
Once I hit on the right ingredients for a muffin recipe utilizing jam, as fresh fruit is getting ever more expensive in my area, these are now a keeper. Any jam or preserve will work. They freeze fine, so can be made in big batches.
- 1 cup margarine, melted (Imperial is better for baking)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- chocolate chips
- toasted coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix melted margarine, sugar, brown sugar, milk, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Place muffincups in a twelve cup muffin tin.
- Fill each muffin cup half-way.
- Place a half tablespoon of jam in the center each.
- Add remaining batter to fill each cup nearly full.
- Using a toothpick or something thin, like a bamboo skewer, swirl the jam into the batter a bit, but not too much.
- Bake for 15 minutes and start checking for doneness.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- When muffins come out of the oven, sprinkle sugar mix on top of each one. The jam will still be wet enough to hold the sugar.