Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Once I hit on the right ingredients for a muffin recipe utilizing jam, as fresh fruit is getting ever more expensive in my area, these are now a keeper. Any jam or preserve will work. They freeze fine, so can be made in big batches.
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix melted margarine, sugar, brown sugar, milk, flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Place muffincups in a twelve cup muffin tin.
- Fill each muffin cup half-way.
- Place a half tablespoon of jam in the center each.
- Add remaining batter to fill each cup nearly full.
- Using a toothpick or something thin, like a bamboo skewer, swirl the jam into the batter a bit, but not too much.
- Bake for 15 minutes and start checking for doneness.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together.
- When muffins come out of the oven, sprinkle sugar mix on top of each one. The jam will still be wet enough to hold the sugar.