I love raspberry and this frosting did not disappoint. I used seedless raspberry preserves instead of jam. Pair it with your favourite chocolate cake and you're in heaven. I added a couple drops of pink food colour to enhance the natural colour of the raspberry jam in the finished product. This recipe is from the Culinary Concoctions by Peabody blog.
- Place butter and jam in a mixing bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Cream butter and jam until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- If frosting gets too thick you can add a little milk to thin it out.
- If you are not satisfied with the pink colour from the jam/preserves alone add in a drop or two of red food colour to intensify it.