Recipe by Roxanne J.R.
I love raspberry and this frosting did not disappoint. I used seedless raspberry preserves instead of jam. Pair it with your favourite chocolate cake and you're in heaven. I added a couple drops of pink food colour to enhance the natural colour of the raspberry jam in the finished product. This recipe is from the Culinary Concoctions by Peabody blog.
Top Review by rebecca.aulet
Recipe was easy to follow but too sweet for my taste. Even my kids thought this was too sweet. Maybe cutting down the sugar to 3 cups and adding some whipping cream might help cut the sweetness.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 -8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- milk (optional)
- red food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place butter and jam in a mixing bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Cream butter and jam until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- If frosting gets too thick you can add a little milk to thin it out.
- If you are not satisfied with the pink colour from the jam/preserves alone add in a drop or two of red food colour to intensify it.