Recipe by Trinitys Momma
From the Clean Home Journal "Want to serve an extra-special flavored iced tea instead of the usual? Try one made with sweet, ripe raspberries. The frozen fruit on skewers helps keep the iced tea cold without diluting it, plus the "shish kebob" delivers a tasty treat."
- 4 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tea bags, raspberry black tea flavor
- 2 pieces lemon peel, cut into 3-by-1/2-inch
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 pineapple rings, sliced 1/2 inch thick, cut into 6 pieces
- 16 fresh raspberries
- 4 cups water, ice cold
Directions See How It's Made
- Add sugar to 4 cups of boiling water in a saucepot and stir until dissolved.
- Place tea bags, lemon peel and cinnamon stick in a 4-cup glass measuring cup and carefully add the hot water with dissolved sugar from Step 1. Cover the measuring cup loosely with Saran™ Premium Wrap and let tea steep for 7-10 minutes. Uncover, remove the tea bags and let the beverage cool completely. Once cooled, remove the lemon peel and cinnamon stick and refrigerate tea until ready to use.
- While tea is steeping, spear 3 pieces of pineapple on each skewer, alternating with 2 raspberries (see photo). Wrap skewers in Saran™ Premium Wrap, arrange them on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer until frozen, at least 3 hours. Or freeze the swizzle sticks inside a Ziploc® Brand Double Guard® Freezer Bag with the Double Zipper Seal.
- When ready to serve, mix the chilled iced-tea mixture with 4 cups of ice-cold water in a 2-quart pitcher. Add the frozen swizzle sticks to glasses immediately before serving.
- Chef's Note: How to get 4 cups of instant ice-cold water fast? Add ice cubes to 2 cups cold water until the water level measures 4 cups. For a different taste, freeze melon balls on your skewers.