Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Lovely simple and easy ice cream. You can also use other berries.
- 5 cups fresh raspberries or 5 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- Put berries into pan and add water and sugar.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes until just soft (10 minutes for frozen).
- Puree fruit.
- Cool and chill.
- Churn puree in ice cream machine until thick (10-15 minutes).
- Gradually pour in cream.
- Don't be tempted to mix together first. It will change the texture.
- Continue to churn until firm.
- Freeze for firmer texture if desired.
- Can also add a swirl of slightly heated raspberry jam before freezing in freezer.
Delicious raspberry-ness despite the fact that I probably only had 3 cups of berries. I added 1/4 cup finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips. This was a nice foil to the slightly tart ice cream. The texture truly was silky-creamy-velvety-smooth following Lady's instruction to freeze the fruit puree before adding the cream. Leftovers in the freezer had an icier texture.
Strain the seeds. Added chopped semi-sweet chocolate chips. There was none left from the dinner party to put away!
Not too sweet and even a bit tart but delicious. I would reccomend straining out the seeds though....