8 hrs 50 mins
8 hrs 30 mins
These are a great way to use fresh raspberries. Prep time includes refrigeration/freezing time (8 hours). Cooking time incudes processing time. (Recipe source: Bon Appetit (July 1984)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally until sugar disolves. Increase heat to medium and boil for 5 minutes. DO NOT STIR. Cool completely.
- 2Puree 1 quart berries with lemon juice in a food processor and then pour puree in a medium bowl. Stir in cream and the cooled sugar/water syrup. Let stand at room temperature for at least one hour.
- 3Strain raspberry mixture into a large bowl and then cover and refrigerate until well chilled (at least 4 hours but is best prepared one day ahead).
- 4Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacture's directions.
- 5Freeze ice cream in a covered container until firm (1-2 hours).
- 6For ice cream balls, line a baking sheet with waxed paper and scoop ice cream into balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Freeze until firm (2-4 hours).
- 7To serve: mound ice cream balls in glass bowl and surround with fresh raspberries and/or a fresh mint leaf.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (2003 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2351.8
- Calories from Fat 1599
- Total Fat 177.7 g
- Saturated Fat 109.6 g
- Cholesterol 652.1 mg
- Sodium 185.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 193.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.0 g
- Sugars 161.3 g
- Protein 12.7 g