Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
A recipe courtesy Aida Mollenkamp on the new cooking channel. I have tweaked the ingredients just a little. :) Enjoy!
- 170.09 g milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml whole milk
- 59.14 ml heavy cream (or half and half)
- 59.14 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 29.58-44.37 ml raspberry flavored syrup
- crystallized ginger, for garnish (optional)
- Combine everything except the syrup and ginger in a small saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Whisk occasionally until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes.
- Continue to cook, whisking frequently until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in raspberry syrup, top with a piece of ginger, if using, and serve immediately.
Really good mix of flavours. Didn't have crystallized ginger, but I don't think it made a difference. It was rich and creamy, and so good!
NIce blend of flavors between the chocolate and raspberry syrup. I did use 1% milk and half and half to reduce some of the fat content and it still was a nice hot cocoa. I skipped on the garnishment this go round. It was a nice change of pace to just plain hot cocoa. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Let's Party event 2010.
Love chocolate, raspberries and ginger. I'm in heaven. What a lovely creamy, rich, decadent treat. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be making this often this winter.