Recipe by tomoko matsunaga
I made this cake for sunny's (my sharemate's mom's) birthday. It was very easy to make yet, very delicious! we all enjoyed this by the time next day it all went gone! I believe its better to have it next day since all the flavour develops.
- 250 g butter, softened
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 300 g frozen raspberries
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup roasted hazelnuts, chopped finely
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to moderate (180°F/160°F fan-forced).
- Grease deep 22cm round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixture until light and fluffy; add eggs at one time, beating until just combined between additions.
- Mixture will curdle at this stage, but will come together later.
- Transfer mixture to large bowl; using wooden spoon, stir in flours, hazelnut meal, sour cream and raspberries.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan. Bake, uncovered,about 1 1/2 hours. Stand cake 10 minutes; turn onto wire rack, turn top side up to cool.
- Make mascarpone cream.
- Mascarpone cream:.
- Combine mascarpone, icing sugar, liqueur and sour cream in medium bowl. Using wooden spoon, stir until smooth; stir in nuts.