Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hot Stuff! This recipe was inspired from Chef #64642's Molly53 Raspberry Green Chile Jam. This is good spread over brie wrapped in puff pastry and baked, served with crackers. Try it spread on a wrap with your favorite meats. Or a side for that yummy Monte Cristo Sandwich FYI: An easy way to mince the chili's is place in blender with some of the apple juice. Always use gloves to protect yourself from the heat!
- 4 cups crushed raspberries
- 1 cup water or 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup minced habanero (21 whole chili`s)
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packagelow sugar dry pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Combine raspberries, chili`s, pectin, water, and lemon juice in an 8-quart non-stick pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar all at once.
- Return mixture to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars, leaving a 1/4-inch headspace.
- Place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes, adjusting processing time for elevation as necessary.
- Let rest for 12-24 hours.