Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This one sure is different but just might grab ya. My husband and I thought they were quite yummy.
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 -2 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 slices muenster cheese or 4 slices baby swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- Spread preserve onto 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- Sprinkle with pecans and green onions.
- Lay two cheese slices on each of the two bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
- Spread butter on the outside of each sandwich.
- Grill on a hot griddle or in a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
I was skeptical at first, but all the positive reviews about the odd ingredients being so good together sold me - and they were all right. The onions really add that 'little extra' for me that take this from good to great, so don't leave them out if you are thinking about it.
One of the best paninis I've ever made! The combination sounds odd but I used these exact ingredients and the result was incredible.
Wow!!! My husband and I really enjoyed these! Such an unusual combination of flavors, but they are perfect together! I lightened ours up a bit by using only 1 slice of muenster per sandwich, and putting a very light coat of butter on the outside. And I didn't have any sourdough bread, so I used whole wheat. They were still impressive! Thanks NurseDi--you post the best recipes!!!