Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This one sure is different but just might grab ya. My husband and I thought they were quite yummy.
Top Review by StrongChef
I was skeptical at first, but all the positive reviews about the odd ingredients being so good together sold me - and they were all right. The onions really add that 'little extra' for me that take this from good to great, so don't leave them out if you are thinking about it.
- 2 tablespoons seedless red raspberry preserves
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 -2 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 slices muenster cheese or 4 slices baby swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread preserve onto 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- Sprinkle with pecans and green onions.
- Lay two cheese slices on each of the two bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices to make sandwiches.
- Spread butter on the outside of each sandwich.
- Grill on a hot griddle or in a hot skillet for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.