Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I love raspberries and saw this recipe and need to try it! I haven't gotten around to it, but I want to! Sounds like a very refreshing dessert too! These are to be prepared overnight!
- 8 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup grape juice
- 7 teaspoons grape juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 5 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 6 mint sprigs (to garnish)
- In food processor or blender, puree 6 cups berries. Remove seeds with a fine wire strainer. Add 1 cup grape juice, 1/2 cup sugar, and lemon peel. Stir.
- In small saucepan, add remaining grape juice. Sprinkle gelatin on top. Let stand for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir for 1 minute over low heat until gelatin dissolves (DO NOT BOIL).
- Whisk warm mixture into fruit puree. Refrigerate, covered, overnight in glass baking dish.
- In bowl, combine remaining berries and sugar. Let stand, tossing occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Spoon into 6 chilled parfait or wine glasses. Top with berries and garnish with mint sprigs! Delicious!