An unusual Pennsylvania Dutch recipe: a cake in a pastry shell with a delicious layer of sauce between.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the frozen raspberries and drain, reserving the liquid.
- 2In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugar, 1/2 cup of the reserved raspberry liquid, and corn syrup.
- 3Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil, then cook for 2 minutes more.
- 4Remove from the heat and stir in the drained raspberries; let cool to lukewarm.
- 5Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions, then turn the batter into the unbaked pie shell.
- 6Pour the lukewarm raspberry sauce gently over the cake batter.
- 7Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 8Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Funnycake
Serving Size: 1 (849 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2864.1
- Calories from Fat 990
- Total Fat 110.0 g
- Saturated Fat 42.1 g
- Cholesterol 122.1 mg
- Sodium 2654.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 461.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 317.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g