1 hr 40 mins
This is delicious! Very European-style, and dense. Fresh raspberries garnish this beautiful cake, that by no means could be mistaken for a box mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- cocoa, for flouring the cake pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon kirsch or 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 3 eggs
For the topping
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Heat oven to 350°F.
- 3Grease 9-inch springform pan; dust with cocoa.
- 4Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- 5In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; blend well. Set aside.
- 6In small saucepan over low heat, melt 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- 7In medium bowl using wire whisk, beat sugar, 3/4 cup of jam, kirsch and eggs until well blended.
- 8Stir in melted chocolate and flour mixture; mix well. Pour batter into greased and coated pan.
- 9Bake at 350°F for 40 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely.
- 10Spread 1/4 cup jam over top of cooled cake. In small saucepan over low heat, melt remaining topping ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- 11Drizzle over top of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Fudge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.4
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 142.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: