Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious! Very European-style, and dense. Fresh raspberries garnish this beautiful cake, that by no means could be mistaken for a box mix.
For the cake
- cocoa, for flouring the cake pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon kirsch or 1 tablespoon maraschino cherry juice
- 3 eggs
For the topping
- 1⁄4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- For the cake:.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9-inch springform pan; dust with cocoa.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; blend well. Set aside.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 3 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and 3/4 cup butter, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- In medium bowl using wire whisk, beat sugar, 3/4 cup of jam, kirsch and eggs until well blended.
- Stir in melted chocolate and flour mixture; mix well. Pour batter into greased and coated pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove sides of pan. Cool completely.
- Spread 1/4 cup jam over top of cooled cake. In small saucepan over low heat, melt remaining topping ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle over top of cake.