Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great jello fruit salad for special occasions. My mother was famous for this special salad and made it by request for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My mom is gone, but we still make this treat for our family gatherings.
- 12 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 20 ounces frozen raspberries
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple
- 1 large mandarin orange
- 2 ripe bananas (optional)
- 4 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Make Jello, using 1 1/2 cup hot water, add crushed banana, raspberries, pineapple less the juice, mandarin oranges less the fluid, in a 9 x 13 pan or serving dish, cool, until firm.
- Topping: Add water to pineapple juice making 1 cup. Heat in sauce pan adding sugar, egg, corn starch, butter. Heat while stirring until mixture thickens. Fold into Cool Whip and let cool.
- When jello is firm, spread topping over jello and continue to cool, until ready to serve.
I love this salad. We have a lot of raspberries in our garden each year and this is a good recipe to use some of them. Made for Christmas 2011. Thank you for the recipe.