Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was given a cookbook for Christmas and this was the first thing I made..yummm! (You can use a muffin tin if you dont have friand moulds.)
- 175 g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon raspberry essence
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (you can use frozen)
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Spray a tray of friand moulds (or a muffin tray) with non stick baking spray.
- Place the ground almonds, icing sugar and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the unbeaten egg whites and mix together.
- Add the melted butter and raspberry essence and mix well.
- Spoon approximately a tablespoon of mixture into each mould. Place a few raspberries in each mould then cover with the remaining mixture.
- Bake for 5 minutes, then turn oven down to 200C and bake a further 12-15 minutes.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning out on to wire rack to cool.