Recipe by shazzieau
A delicious dessert chock full of fresh raspberries, offset with white chocolate cream.
- 2 eggs
- 200 g butter, cold
- 450 g cake flour
- 160 g sugar
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 250 ml thickened cream
- 200 g fresh raspberries, pureed
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 150 g fresh raspberries, pureed
- 350 ml thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 56 g white chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 180 Celsius.
- FOR THE BASE.using a processor, blitz the flour and butter until a sandy texture.
- add the eggs and sugar and pulse till a dough comes together.
- remove the dough from the processor and knead together. wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- roll dough out to cover a 25 x 4 cm pie dish. trim edges. (there will be some dough left over).
- prick all over the bottom and a bit on the sides with a fork.
- cook for approximately 35 minutes or until golden. if pastry is browning to fast, cover with foil.
- cool completely.
- FOR THE FILLING.using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese together with the icing sugar until smooth.
- beat in the cream until thickened. then beat in the raspberry puree.
- mix the gelatine with the boiling water, stirring until dissolved. cool slightly then beat into the raspberry mixture until well combined.
- pour filling into the base and refrigerate till set, at least 6 hours. wait at least 4 hours before applying topping.
- FOR THE TOP.remove 2 tablespoons of cream from the 350 ml. put aside.
- whip the rest of the cream with the icing sugar to soft peaks.
- in a heat proof bowl over a pot of boiling water, melt the chocolate stirring till smooth. remove from heat, cool slightly, then stir in the 2 tablespoons of cream. stir till smooth.
- beat the white chocolate into the whipped cream, beating till thick and firm.
- TO PUT TOGETHER. spoon the raspberry puree over the top of the filling.
- pipe or spoon the cream around the edge of the flan.
- decorate as desired. keep refrigerated.