Recipe by Missy Wombat
A natural alternative to artifically coloured and flavoured soft drinks and cordials. Great for those kids parties.
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
OMG! This is so good that I drank my glass in no time flat! LOL I halved the recipe, as I only had 2 C of club soda on hand and used 3 berry mix, white sugar and bottled lemon juice (about 3 T). I pureed the mixture b4 straining so as to get as much fruit in the juice as possible. I ended up with 2 1/4 C of juice, 36 oz. total, without ice. I figured up the cost at 6 (12 oz) servings and came up to 50 cents each. Not bad, when a natural or "healthy" soda is usu. more and in this, you get the nutrition of the fruit. I will probably cut back on the sugar, or try Splenda, as 84 g of sugar is way more than I like my kids to have.
- 300 g frozen raspberries
- 440 g caster sugar
- 2 cups water
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 liter soda water, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place raspberries, sugar and 2 cups of water into a saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and add lemon juice.
- Cool and then strain through a fine sieve into a jug. Discard the solids.
- To serve, pour the raspberry fizz into a large jug. Add ice cubes and top up with chilled soda water.