Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Complete with Butter cream Frosting, no words can describe these magnificent cupcakes!!!
- 18 ounces duncan hines moist deluxe French vanilla cake mix (1 box)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- To make the cupcakes, Melt the butter in the microwave. Add cake mix, eggs and water to the butter in large bowl.Mix on low for 1 minute Then mix on high for 1 min.Pop them in the oven on 350 for 20 minutes.Let cool.
- For filling, in a medium sauce pan, combine water, sugar, flour and lemon juice and mix well.Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.Cool completely!Stir in raspberries. (Will make a lot!).
- To fill cupcakes, cut a small round out, fill with raspberry filling, then replace with what you cut out. Frosting will cover it up.
- For the frosting, Beat together the butter and sugar with an electric beater. Once well combined, add the vanilla and water. Beat until smooth and creamy.
These are terrific! And the buttercream recipe is something I will use again and again. I took the buttercream up a notch by using a combination of vanilla and raspberry extract (find it in any grocery store) and tinting it a very very pale shade of pink by adding a very scant few drops of red extract. The tinted frosting made them look professionally prepared - I put the buttercream in a gallon-sized ziplock bag, cut off one corner and used it like a pastry bag. The slight raspberry flavor of the buttercream made the flavor of the filling really pop...do try them this way, you will NOT be disappointed. Perfect for a wedding or baby shower, I used mine for Mothers Day and I was proud to serve them.
Love the recipe!!! I made the frosting at 4x's due to the small amount it made. The raspberry filling needs to be changed. I think that maybe a gelatin would be easier to and you don't run in to the flavor of cornstarch. Even cut a step out and use freezer jam.
Husband and his work buddies loved these! Very tasty raspberry filling. Did not use this frosting recipe. Will make again!