2 hrs 30 mins
I know this might sound like a lot of work but it is well worth the time you spend on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and trace 5 7inch circles on the paper set aside.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs whites until foamy.
- 3Add Cream of tartar, beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- 4Gradually add splenda, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peak form.
- 5Fold in cornstarch.
- 6Spread meringue evenly over each circle on prepared pans.
- 7Bake at 300 for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 8Cool for 5 minutes.
- 9Gently remove meringues from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- 10Meanwhile drain raspberries, reserving juice.
- 11Set the berries aside.
- 12Add enough water to make juice up to 2 cups.
- 13In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and splenda; add the raspberry liquid gradually, stirring until smooth.
- 14Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 15Fold in the sweetened raspberries.
- 16To assemble: place one meringue on a serving plate and top with 2/3 cup whipped topping and 3/4 cup raspberry filling.
- 17Repeat 3 times.
- 18Top with remaining meringue layer and whipped topping.
- 19Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- 20Garnish with fresh berries.
- 21Cut with serrated knife.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Filled Meringue Torte
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 50.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: