Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
I know this might sound like a lot of work but it is well worth the time you spend on it.
Make and share this Raspberry Filled Meringue Torte recipe from Food.com.
- 6 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (8 ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed
- 10 fresh raspberries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and trace 5 7inch circles on the paper set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs whites until foamy.
- Add Cream of tartar, beat on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add splenda, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff peak form.
- Fold in cornstarch.
- Spread meringue evenly over each circle on prepared pans.
- Bake at 300 for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Gently remove meringues from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Meanwhile drain raspberries, reserving juice.
- Set the berries aside.
- Add enough water to make juice up to 2 cups.
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and splenda; add the raspberry liquid gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Fold in the sweetened raspberries.
- To assemble: place one meringue on a serving plate and top with 2/3 cup whipped topping and 3/4 cup raspberry filling.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Top with remaining meringue layer and whipped topping.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with fresh berries.
- Cut with serrated knife.