Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Pillsbury: Best of the Bake-Off Cookbook by Ted Viveiros in the Bake-Off Contest 1990. Easy and a real treat! I'm posting it as written, but I did not use a baster.
- 6 tablespoons margarine or 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jelly
- 12 ounces buttermilk biscuits (1 can refrigerated)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place melted margarine in small bowl. In another small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Stir jelly until smooth. Seal tip of large baster with foil. Remove rubber bulb. Spoon jelly into baster; replace bulb.
- Prepare and bake biscuits according to package directions. Immediately dip each hot biscuit into melted margarine, coating all sides. Roll in sugar mixture, heavily coating all sides of each biscuit. Remove foil from tip of baster. Insert baster in side of each biscuit; squeeze small amount of jelly into center. (Refil baster as needed.) Serve warm or cold.
- Tip: To reheat, wrap loosely in foil; heat at 350 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes or until warm.