1/8 Photos of Raspberry Filled Almond Shortbread with Almond Glaze
2 hrs 35 mins
Amy Lee's Note:
"Originally in Taste of Home". These cookies are very delicious. They are great with a cup of tea. I hope you will try and enjoy them as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1In a Medium Mixing Bowl (I prefer using a Plastic Bowl that has a lid).
- 2Cream Butter and Sugar.
- 3mix in the almond extract.
- 4Gradually mix in flour until the dough forms a ball.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for an hour for easier handling.
- 6Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- 7Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet.
- 8Using a wooden spoon handle make and indention in the middle of the ball.
- 9(I like using the knuckle on my first finger).
- 10Fill with the raspberry jam.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 14-18 minutes depending on your oven.
- 12Add aditional Raspberry jam if desired (I never do this).
- 13Remove and place on wire racks for cooling.
- 14Mix the Glaze ingredients.
- 15Using a butter knife (dipping it in the glaze Mixture) Letting the glaze run off the butter knife, Zig Zag the mixture across the cookies creating a continuing Z.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Filled Almond Shortbread with Almond Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.3
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 280.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 55.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g