Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I got this recipe from a Taste of Home cookie book. These cookies are sublime. I made them for Christmas, but they would also be pretty for Valentine's Day. Try them and you will be delighted! Prep time include refrigeration time.
- 473.18 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 0.06 ml lemon juice
- 1261.02 ml all purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 340.19 g jar raspberry preserves (I used seedless)
- 236.59 ml confectioner's sugar
- 0.06 ml raspberry extract (I used a bit more)
- 0.06 ml red food coloring (optional)
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine flour and salt and gradually add to the creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough into three portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter with crimped edges.
- Place an inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Spread raspberry jam on one cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Continue until all are sandwiches.
- Combine icing ingredients until a drizzling consistency is achieved. Drizzle over cookies.
Made these for my other half to share during one of the weekly meetings he attends & they were apparently gone in no time at all! Raves & requests for copies of the recipe came back to me, so I'll be making these again, for sure! Loved the raspberry flavor, & I WAS generous with the extract! Thank you for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]