Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
If you love raspberries, you will love this cake! Delicious Raspberry Cake with Raspberry Frosting waiting for you right here! Makes sure your raspberries are defrosted before starting this cake, as preparation time does not include thawing them. Cooking time is for 2 9" pans, which is 25-30 minutes. If you are using a bundt or tube pan it will take 50-55 minutes.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan, 10" tube pan or 2 -9" cake pans.
- Defrost raspberries and drain, reserving syrup in a measuring cup. Add water if necessary to make 1/2 cup.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the.
- raspberries for the frosting.
- Put cake mix, eggs, oil, pudding mix, the 1/2 cup of raspberry syrup,.
- and remaining raspberries in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour into pan(s) and bake 50-55 minutes for Bundt or tube pan, or 25 to 30 minutes for 9" layers, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Let stand 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting, creaming the butter with the confectionary sugar.
- Beat in raspberries and almond extract.
- Frost cooled cake.