Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These bars are so good. They would be a great addition to any holiday desert or cookie tray. Coconut and raspberries go great together.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 2⁄3 cup raspberry jam
- 2 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup coconut (Shredded or flaked)
- Crust: In a large bowl, combine cake mix and melted butter, mixing until well blended. Press firmly into 13x9 inch greased pan.
- Bake 12-15 min or until light golden.
- Cool 10 min on a wire rack.
- Topping: Spread jam carefully over warm crust. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add eggs and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Stir in nuts and coconut. Spread evenly over jam. Bake 20-25 min longer or until set and golden. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars.
I didn't see the review from Potluck or I wouldn't have made these bars. Mine came out the same way...gooey and so sweet you can't eat them. It sounded good but they are inedible.
I made these bars and was very dissappointed. They were so sweet and gooey.No one liked them. Sorry...