Recipe by JackieMarie
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and have made it many times. Wonderful for morning get togethers or brunches.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Stir together flour & 3/4 Cup sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Save 1 cup mixture for topping later.
- To remaining mixture add sour cream, egg, baking powder, baking soda and almond extract.
- Beat medium speed until well mixed.
- Spread batter over bottom and 2 inches up side of greased & floured 9" springform pan.
- In small bowl combine 1/4 cup sugar, cream cheese and egg.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Spread mixture over batter to within 1/2 inch from edge.
- Spread preserves over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle almonds and the 1 cup reserved crumb mixture over preserves.
- Bke 45 - 60 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and cake is a dark golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes and remove side of pan.
- Center will settle slightly.
- Store in refrigerator.