My parents gave me some of their raspberries and I made this delicious dessert cake as well as some jam. The recipe comes from a book called 'Chocolate the best ever'.The raspberries in this luxurious dark chocolate cake give it a fresh, tangy flavour. Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. I recommend the cake to be served right from the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
- 2Grease a 9-inch/23-cm cake tin with butter and line the base with baking paper.
- 3Place the chocolate, butter and coffee in a small heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted.
- 4Stir, then remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 5Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl and beat together until thick and pale.
- 6Gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
- 7Sift the flour and ground cinnamon into a separate bowl, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 8Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
- 9Bake in the hot oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is well risen and springy to the touch.
- 10Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out on to a large serving plate.
- 11Dust with icing sugar before serving with fresh raspberries and cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Dessert Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.1 mg
- Sodium 215.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g