My parents gave me some of their raspberries and I made this delicious dessert cake as well as some jam. The recipe comes from a book called 'Chocolate the best ever'.The raspberries in this luxurious dark chocolate cake give it a fresh, tangy flavour. Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. I recommend the cake to be served right from the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
- 2Grease a 9-inch/23-cm cake tin with butter and line the base with baking paper.
- 3Place the chocolate, butter and coffee in a small heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted.
- 4Stir, then remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 5Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl and beat together until thick and pale.
- 6Gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
- 7Sift the flour and ground cinnamon into a separate bowl, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- 8Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
- 9Bake in the hot oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is well risen and springy to the touch.
- 10Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out on to a large serving plate.
- 11Dust with icing sugar before serving with fresh raspberries and cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raspberry Dessert Cake
Serving Size: 1 (121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.8 g
- Cholesterol 193.1 mg
- Sodium 215.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g