Recipe by tigerduck
My parents gave me some of their raspberries and I made this delicious dessert cake as well as some jam. The recipe comes from a book called 'Chocolate the best ever'.The raspberries in this luxurious dark chocolate cake give it a fresh, tangy flavour. Serve with fresh raspberries and whipped cream. I recommend the cake to be served right from the fridge.
- 8 ounces butter, plus extra for greasing (225 g)
- 9 ounces chocolate, broken into pieces (250g)
- 1 tablespoon strong dark coffee
- 5 eggs
- 3 ounces golden caster sugar (85g)
- 3 ounces plain flour (85g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (175g)
- icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325°F/160°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Grease a 9-inch/23-cm cake tin with butter and line the base with baking paper.
- Place the chocolate, butter and coffee in a small heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted.
- Stir, then remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a separate bowl and beat together until thick and pale.
- Gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Sift the flour and ground cinnamon into a separate bowl, then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle the raspberries evenly over the top.
- Bake in the hot oven for 35-45 minutes, or until the cake is well risen and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before turning out on to a large serving plate.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving with fresh raspberries and cream.