Prep 50 mins
Cook 10 mins
Refreshing dessert, fit for company but easy enough to make for a family dinner. Prep time includes refrigeration for the jello to start to set, I'm guessing it takes around 20 minutes or so. I prefer this recipe with fresh raspberries, but frozen works just as well. The serving size is also an estimate, I used a lasagna pan to make it in and it served 13 last Thanksgiving - it really depends how big you cut the squares.
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (2 large) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 1⁄4 cups hot water
- 1 box frozen raspberries or 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 36 large marshmallows
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in saucepan, add graham cracker crumbs, reserving 3/4 cup of crumbs for garnish.
- Press mixture into rectangular pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 F.
- Place contents of two jello boxes in bowl, add 2 1/2 cup hot water.
- Dissolve and add one box of frozen raspberries, or 2 cups of fresh.
- Let set until spreading consistancy (soft gel) then pour over graham crust.
- Dissolve marshmallows in milk over low heat, remove and cool.
- Whip 1 cup whipping cream and fold into cooled marshmallow mixture.
- Blend well.
- Pour over jello section and cover with remaining graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill until ready to serve.
5 stars all the way. Made this with fresh picked raspberrys. What a wonderful flavor. My oven is broke so I used to boughten graham cracker pie shells and it still turned out great.
My grandmother used to make this dessert and I could never get enough. The mixture of sweet whipped cream and tart berries is great for those that want a little of each.