Prep 1 hr
Cook 25 mins
Luscious, cool summertime dessert. Requires chill time.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packagessweetened frozen raspberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, and sugar; blend in butter with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Press into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set (will not be brown); cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread over crust.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water; stir in raspberries.
- Chill for 20 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon over filling.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Cut into squares.
- Garnish with Cool Whip if desired.
This is a wonderful recipe, beautiful, and you can make it ahead.