Recipe by AngelaPoch
A delicious variation of an old favorite.
Top Review by Anastacey
The bars were very good, but I had some problems when making them. The crust mad what seem to be way to much and I ended up throwing some away because I think the oats would have overpowered the recipe if I used the whole thing. The filling made just enough for a very light layer of filling. It also took alot longer than the stated cooking time for the bars to be done. I think with some adjustments it would be a good recipe.
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 1⁄3 cup water, as needed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 4 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup sucanat
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place dates, raspberries and water on the stove over medium heat to soften, add water as needed to make a thick date butter.
- Combine margarine and flour with pastry blender until crumbly. Stir in oats and Sucanat. Stir in vegetable oil and press 2/3 of mixture into a 9 x 9 pan.
- Spread date mixture over and top with remaining crumbs.
- Press lightly and bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, or golden brown on edges.