Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from my cousin. It has always been popular at family functions.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup nuts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 (4 3/4 ounce) packageraspberry junket danish dessert mix
- 12 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed (drain and reserve juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, brown sugar, butter, and nuts.
- Pat into a 13X9 dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- allow to cool.
- Crumble the just baked crust into fine crumbs.
- Pat enough of the crumbs to make a 1/2 inch in bottom of 13X9 dish you just used.
- Gently beat together the cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and Cool Whip.
- Pour over the crust.
- Sprinkle the rest of the crumbs on top and chill for several hours or overnight.
- For the topping.
- Prepare Junket as for fruit sauce, using raspberry juice as part of rquired juice.
- Add raspberries and mix gently.
- Pour over crumbs and chill.