Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Make and share this Raspberry Custard Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Line a 9 inch pie plane with pastry; trim to 1/2 inches beyond edge of plate.
- Flute edges; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add the sugar, flour, milk, vanilla and salt; mix well.
- Gently fold in raspberries; pour into crust.
- For topping, combine flour and brown sugar in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350, bake 45-50 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Great pie! It made a lot more than one pie- I did one 8 inch and 6 little tarts from the large size muffin tin and I had only added a half cup of rasberries. I also added lemon zest to the pie crust with GREAT results.
Great Pie ! Loved it ! Filling was great ! Thanks for posting !
I had a sack of frozen berries ro thaw.Someone put a heavy dish and squished them so I had plenty of berries and juice. I used 31/2 cups,worried about the amt of juice so added 1 tsp cornstarch. I also put in a 10 inch pie pan deep dish, it was right up to the top when cooked. I put tin foil around the edges of crust & cooked 10 more minutes.It was great. My hubby said "she got that right" and I agree. I will make again but will not fold the "whole" berries in the mix. I would put a layer of berries, then custard, then berries, then custard etc. This was excellent!