Prep 24 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Easy and elegant.
Make and share this Raspberry Custard Brulee recipe from Food.com.
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups fresh raspberries or 3 cups blackberries or 3 cups blueberries or 3 cups halved strawberries
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- For custard, in a small saucepan thoroughly combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the cornstarch; add the milk and egg. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat just until the mixture begins to bubble. (Do not overcook.) Immediately pour the custard into a small bowl; let mixture cool about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream into custard; add vanilla. Cover and chill custard for up to 24 hours.
- To serve, divide berries evenly among four goblets or dessert dishes. Spoon chilled custard over berries. (If necessary, thin custard with a little milk before spooning over berries.) Set aside.
- For topping, in a heavy small skillet or saucepan heat remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt shaking skillet occasionally to heat evenly (do not stir). Reduce heat to low; cook sugar until melted and golden, stirring as necessary with a wooden spoon. Quickly drizzle caramelized sugar over each custard. Serve immediately.