this is perfect for a brunch or tea party-very delicate and loaded with flavor.
Make and share this Raspberry Crumb Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cold margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- In a saucepan,combine sugar,cornstarch,water and the raspberries.Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly, remove from the heat; cool.
- In a bowl combine the first 6 crust ingredients. Cut in the margarine, until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat eggs, milk and vanilla; add to crumb mixture and mix well.
- Spread 2/3 of mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.Spoon raspberry filling over the crust to within 1 inch of the edges. Top with the remaining crust mixture.
- For topping, combine the flour and sugar; cut in the margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in the almonds. Sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or lightly browned.