Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I begged for this recipe after a friend brought these to a party! You'll have them begging too!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 15 1⁄4 ounces seedless raspberry fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt with an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Add butter and mix at medium speed about 3 minutes until the butter is mostly blended and mixture appears moist and begins to pull together.
- Stir in almonds.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture and refrigerate.
- Firmly press remaining mixture into bottom of ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes in the middle of the oven until almonds begin to brown.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- Spread fruit on top leaving a 1/8 inch border around edge of crust. Crumble reserved mixture over the top, letting fruit show in places.
- Continue baking about 35-40 minutes, until lightly browned and fruit filling is bubbling all over including center of the pan.
- Let cool completely before slicing into 18 bars (smaller if you wish).