Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oh, what you can do with fresh berries!! This is scrumptious!!
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- Crush 1 cup berries; add enough water to measure 1 cup.
- In saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in remaining berries.
- In bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in butter to make crumbs.
- Press half into a greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread with berries.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
I have never made a crips with a bottom layer, I think I'm in LOVE. Used fresh local raspberries and also added blueberris. Just took it out of the oven about an hour ago and just stole a little corner bite, WOW, absolutely delish. I make apple crisp alot but this was different with cooking some of the berries a bit with the sugar and cornstarch. Can't wait to make this for company. Fabulous recipe!
This was delicious! I did make a few changes; I used a combination of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries and strawberries (because that's what I had). I also used mostly jam for the sauce part, and added only 1/3 cup of sugar, and that worked perfectly. Such an easy recipe to follow, the instructions are very straight forward and the result is so yummy. Thanks very much for sharing!
My husband stumbled across a good price on raspberries and so he bought a lot! Since it is just the two of us, we were looking for a way to use them. This recipe was perfect. We really loved it and are only disappointed that we probably won't get a chance to make it again based on limited raspberry availability.