Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Oh, what you can do with fresh berries!! This is scrumptious!!
- 4 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- Crush 1 cup berries; add enough water to measure 1 cup.
- In saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in raspberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in remaining berries.
- In bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and baking soda.
- Cut in butter to make crumbs.
- Press half into a greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Spread with berries.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes.
I have never made a crips with a bottom layer, I think I'm in LOVE. Used fresh local raspberries and also added blueberris. Just took it out of the oven about an hour ago and just stole a little corner bite, WOW, absolutely delish. I make apple crisp alot but this was different with cooking some of the berries a bit with the sugar and cornstarch. Can't wait to make this for company. Fabulous recipe!
My husband stumbled across a good price on raspberries and so he bought a lot! Since it is just the two of us, we were looking for a way to use them. This recipe was perfect. We really loved it and are only disappointed that we probably won't get a chance to make it again based on limited raspberry availability.
This was excellent. Just the recipe that I was looking for. Very easy to make and the taste was wonderful. I picked more berries this morning so that I can make this again.