Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a cooking magazine. These sound very yummy for breakfast/brunch!
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry pie filling
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon water
- Heat oven to 375°F Line 15 x 10 inch pan with sides or large cookie sheet with parchment paper. Unroll dough on cutting board into 2 long rectangles; press each into 12 x 3 1/2 inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread raspberry filling on 1 dough rectangle to within 1/2 inches of all edges. Sprinkle evenly with chopped almonds. Place second dough rectangle over almonds; gently press top and long edges to seal. Cut crosswise into 8 strips. Twist each strip twice; place 2 inches apart in paper-lined pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 11 to 13 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove twists from pan; place on wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in small bowl, blend powdered sugar, almond extract and enough water for desired spreading consistency until smooth.
- Spread glaze over cooled twists. If desired, sprinkle with additional sliced almonds.