Recipe by Shelby Jo
Taken from Taste of Home's Holiday Recipe Card Collection 2008. "Refrigerated cresent roll dough makes preparing this lovely dessert a breeze. Guests will rave over the bars' flakey crust and fruity cheesecake-like flavor."
Top Review by kittycatmom
Shelby Jo, this is a wonderful recipe! I made this tonight to take to work in the morning, but DH decided it smelled to good to pass up! I used Pillsbury "Creative Creations" Crescent Dough - so I didn't worry about perforations... I also used recipe #30735 by Derf because it is the BEST for lemon curd!!! Delicious!!! DH and I enjoyed this very much!!!! Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders 09.
- 2 (8 ounce) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons lemon curd
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, seperated
- 5 ounces seedless raspberry preserves (original recipe said 1/2 to 3/4 of a 9.5 oz. jar)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll 1 tube of crescent dough; press into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 in baking pan sealing seams and perforations. In a bowl, combine curd, cream cheese, and egg yolks. Beat until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crescent dough. Drop preserves over cream cheese mixture and swirl with a spatula. Unroll remaining crescent dough, flatten dough, sealing seams and perforations. Lay flat on top of cream cheese mixture. Beat egg white until foamy and brush over dough.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and water. Drizzle over crust. Chill well before cutting.