Recipe by Witch Doctor
Here's a dessert that is simple to fix, tasty and set for one person. Take advantage of the raspberry season and make yourself a few for dessert.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (from a 17 1/4 ounce package)
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 3 ounces fresh raspberries
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Unfold pastry sheet and cut a 3 inch square from pastry with a sharp knife (reserve remaining pastry for another use).
- Bake pastry square on an ungreased baking sheet until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer pastry to a rack and cool completely, then cut pastry horizontally into 2 layers.
- Stir together creme fraiche and granulated sugar until sugar is dissolved.
- Just before serving, put bottom half of pastry on a serving plate and top with creme fraiche and raspberries, letting some berries spill onto the plate. Cover with top half of pastry and dust with confectioners sugar.