Recipe by Dancer^
this is heaven..I have made it with peaches raspberries and strawberries, and its so quick to make and LF.
Top Review by sugarpea
HUGE hit at our house. An excellent custard recipe, just don't expect the richness of a creme brulee made with cream. I made mine with Splenda and blueberries. I did try one with raspberries but I preferred the blueberries. Fat free, sugar free, and totally delicious, what more could you ask for? I used recipe #81194.
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup thawed egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 36 -42 fresh raspberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1/2 cup non-fat milk and non-fat milk powder until blended.
- Stir in remaining non-fat milk, egg substitute, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Place 5 to 7 raspberries in bottom of each of 6 (5-ounce) custard cups.
- Pour custard mixture over raspberries.
- Bake in pan filled with hot water to 1-inch depth in 325-degree oven about 35 minutes or until custard is set.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over top of each custard.
- Place cups on baking sheet and broil 4 inches from heat until sugar is caramelized.