Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is heaven..I have made it with peaches raspberries and strawberries, and its so quick to make and LF.
- Stir together 1/2 cup non-fat milk and non-fat milk powder until blended.
- Stir in remaining non-fat milk, egg substitute, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Place 5 to 7 raspberries in bottom of each of 6 (5-ounce) custard cups.
- Pour custard mixture over raspberries.
- Bake in pan filled with hot water to 1-inch depth in 325-degree oven about 35 minutes or until custard is set.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over top of each custard.
- Place cups on baking sheet and broil 4 inches from heat until sugar is caramelized.
HUGE hit at our house. An excellent custard recipe, just don't expect the richness of a creme brulee made with cream. I made mine with Splenda and blueberries. I did try one with raspberries but I preferred the blueberries. Fat free, sugar free, and totally delicious, what more could you ask for? I used Fat-free Homemade Egg Substitute.
Wow, its so easy & low fat too. Loved it since I am so much into creme brulee and this one does not have the accompanying guilt...
In mixing the custard I thought it should have been heated on the stove. I followed the instructions and it took forever to cook in the oven. Was a step left out or did I do something wrong?