Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
this is heaven..I have made it with peaches raspberries and strawberries, and its so quick to make and LF.
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 tablespoons non-fat powdered milk
- 3⁄4 cup thawed egg substitute
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 36 -42 fresh raspberries
- Stir together 1/2 cup non-fat milk and non-fat milk powder until blended.
- Stir in remaining non-fat milk, egg substitute, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Place 5 to 7 raspberries in bottom of each of 6 (5-ounce) custard cups.
- Pour custard mixture over raspberries.
- Bake in pan filled with hot water to 1-inch depth in 325-degree oven about 35 minutes or until custard is set.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sugar over top of each custard.
- Place cups on baking sheet and broil 4 inches from heat until sugar is caramelized.
HUGE hit at our house. An excellent custard recipe, just don't expect the richness of a creme brulee made with cream. I made mine with Splenda and blueberries. I did try one with raspberries but I preferred the blueberries. Fat free, sugar free, and totally delicious, what more could you ask for? I used recipe #81194.
Wow, its so easy & low fat too. Loved it since I am so much into creme brulee and this one does not have the accompanying guilt...
In mixing the custard I thought it should have been heated on the stove. I followed the instructions and it took forever to cook in the oven. Was a step left out or did I do something wrong?