Make and share this Raspberry Cream Wafers recipe from Food.com.
- COMBINE flour, 1 cup butter and cream in large bowl until blended. Divide dough into thirds; shape each into a flattened ball. Wrap in plastic wrap; chill about 1 hour.
- HEAT oven to 375 degrees F. Cover a sheet of wax paper with granulated sugar.
- ROLL one round of dough at a time to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness on floured pastry cloth (do not roll too thin).
- CUT with 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Place on prepared wax paper. Turn to coat both sides of cookies. Place on ungreased baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Pierce each cookie 3 or 4 times with fork.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on wire rack.
- BEAT remaining 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar and almond extract in medium bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 or 3 minutes.
- STIR in raspberry preserves to achieve a swirled appearance. Just before serving, sandwich two cookies together with 1 teaspoon of filling.