Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A beautiful dessert from taste of home. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 (7 inch) angel food cake, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- chocolate curls
- of fresh mint
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the milk, water and extract until blended. Add pudding mix; whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and chill until mixture is partially set. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 2 quart glass trifle bowl. Top with half of the cream mixture. Carefully spread with jam. Sprinkle with 1 cup raspberries. Layer with remaining cake cubes, cream mixture and raspberries. Garnish with chocolate curls and mint.
Wonderful trifle made it for Christmas whole family loved it. I made the filling to the t what i changed was I used sara lee pound cake instead of angel food. I also put rasberry liquer and rasberry jam over the top of the pound cake and then added the filling followed by strawberrys and rasberrys.
so..... good. Made it with strawberries soaked in a bit of ice wine. I really liked the flavour of the white cream. This was a hit on our valentine's dinner.
What a great dessert! I had company and made this for our dessert. We all adored this so much! Beautiful presentation and the taste is just as good! Yummy!!